Goji Berries, high on the ORAS scale
Goji berries are one of the highest rated foods on the ORAC scale (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity). The ORAC scale is a test developed by USDA researchers out of Tufts University in Boston, that measures the antioxidant level in foods. Goji Berries possess an unmatched ability to absorb free radicals that attack the body and may contribute to the aging process. Today, our bodies are constantly being bombarded with external sources of toxins (food and environmental) so, eating foods high in antioxidants is one possible way we may help our bodies combat the damage they cause.
Goji berries contain 18 amino acids. They are also, a rich source of vitamins A and C and have 21 trace minerals including germanium; a substance rarely found in foods. All the above makes this super berry a nutritionally dense food.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Sun Dried Goji Berries may include:
● May increase longevity
● May support stamina
● May protect from premature aging
● Contains high levels of polysaccharides which may support a healthy liver
● Builds strong blood which may promote cardiovascular health
● Supporting eye health & vision
● May support healthy PH levels
● May support healthy blood pressure levels
● Simulating secretion of human growth hormone
● Supports the strengthening of both muscles & bones
● Supporting normal kidney function
● Helping reduce obesity
● May support a healthy immune response
Suggested Uses: Eat 1 small handful (1 oz / 2 tbsp) per day. Add to smoothies, salads, desserts, yogurt or cereal. Use in homemade trail mixes or energy bars.