Green Papaya (Organic) Powder 4 oz.
Unripe Green Papaya contains two of the most powerful plant proteolytic enzymes: papain and chymopapain.
These enzymes are effective at breaking down proteins, fats and carbs as well as supporting healthy digestion. The enzyme papain can only be found in the papaya fruit and is superior to the pepsin produced by our own stomachs. Unlike our natural pepsin which is only activated when in an acidic environment; the papain found in the green papaya can digest protein in any pH stomach environment- alkaline, acid or neutral pH. Papain converts proteins into essential amino acids such as arginine, which cannot be produced by the body.
These enzymes are also helpful in digesting carbohydrates and fats so green papaya is most beneficial for people with enzyme deficiencies or those with a low stomach acid output. The two enzymes found in this fruit work together to possibly soothe the digestive system and may also aid those with ulcers.
Unripe Green Papaya can be useful for most gastrointestinal ailments; from easing indigestion to supporting the body's defense of mutated cells in the colon. The enzyme carpaine present in the green papaya possesses an antiseptic quality that may support the prevention of undesirable intestinal bacteria and parasites; while creating a well balanced environment for beneficial intestinal flora to flourish. It is extremely beneficial to clean the dead tissue and waste matter from intestinal walls and is even known to dissolve pus and mucus. Carpaine in green papaya may also be helpful in alleviating hardening of the arteries by helping the body to dissolve injured or hardened tissue.
Unripe Green Papaya is a powerful fruit full of essential nutrients and enzymes to promote digestive health. Since enzyme levels decline as the fruit ripens, our papaya is picked when it is still green to retain all of its natural enzymatic qualities. Our raw unripe Green Papaya Powder comes from mature unripened papaya naturally cultivated without the use of chemicals or pesticides.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Unripe Green Papaya Powder may include:
- May support healthy digestion
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support a healthy urinary tract
- May support healthy milk flow in new mothers
- May support skin health
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support a healthy detoxification response
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- Aids in the regeneration of muscle tissue
- May support healthy energy levels
- May support the bodies ability to fight infections
- May reduce travel & motion sickness when combined with ginger
- Possibly supports the body's ability to heal burns, sores, & wounds when used topically
Constituents of Unripe Green Papaya include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Alpha Tocopherol, Vitamin K, Carotene-β, Cryptoxanthin-β, Lutein-zeaxanthin
- Amino Acids: Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Serine, Tryptophan, Valine
- Enzymes: Papain, Chymopapain
- Phytochemicals: Alkaloids, Butanoic acid, Methyl butanoate, Dehydrocarpaines, Pseudo Carpaine, Flavonols Leaves, Benzyl Glucosinolate, Alpha-phellandrene Fruit, Tannins
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our baobab or banana powder in a smoothie.
Botanical Name: Carica Papaya.
Other Names: Banane de Prairie, Kates, Caricae Papayae Folium, Carica papaya, Carica peltata, Carica posoposa, Chirbhita, Erandachirbhita, Erand Karkati, Green Papaya, Mamaerie, Melonenbaumblaetter, Melon Tree, Papaw, Papaya Fruit, Papayas, Papaye, Papaye Verte, Papayer, Papita, Paw Paw, Mamaeiro, Pawpaw.
Parts Used: Whole, Green Papaya including seeds.
Ingredients: Raw Unripe Green Papaya.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.